Auto Insurance in Saskatoon, SK
Motor Vehicle Licensing and Automotive Policies
Life Line Insurance is a licensed SGI motor vehicle license issuer. We also can write your automotive extension insurance needs through your choice of companies. We are able to issue plates for most types of vehicles being registered in Saskatchewan. As an issuer we can also issue driver licenses, take photos for driver licenses, and book driver license examinations. In Saskatchewan vehicles are insured by an essential government auto insurance which is included with the license plate registration. This includes collision, comprehensive, and liability coverage for cars, light trucks, heavy trucks, commercial vehicles, recreation vehicles, trailers, and motorcycles; and liability coverage only for snowmobiles.
Personal Auto Policy/ Plate Insurance/ Auto Package Insurance
Life Line General Insurance handles all of your personal automotive needs from your basic plate insurance, to driver’s license renewals to the best of package policies. In Saskatchewan your plate insurance covers your personal vehicle for collision and comprehensive or physical damage. This covers you to the Actual Cash Value of your vehicle in the event of a loss, which is the market value of your vehicle compared with similar vehicles, with similar equipment, mileage and condition to the insured vehicle. Your plate insurance also covers up to $200,000 to pay for damages your vehicle causes to the property of others or injuries it causes to others. In Saskatchewan a vehicle owner has the option of purchasing a package policy that enhances coverage beyond that provided by basic plate insurance.
Here is a summary of enhancements to your plate with a package policy:
- Third Party Liability: Options of $1,000,000 and up
- Family Security: Matches third-party liability option
- Deductibles for Damage to Your Vehicle: Options of $50-$100-$200-$350-$500-$700
- Deductible for Road Hazard Glass Coverage: Options of $50-$100-$200
- Replacement Cost on Your Vehicle: Available up to 36 months from your vehicle purchase
- Loss of Use of Your Vehicle: Options of an $1,000 or $2,000 limit
Cargo insurance is compulsory in certain instances. In Saskatchewan cargo insurance is compulsory for:
- Full Saskatchewan or prorate Class A registration over 5,000 kg
- Businesses still requiring an Operating Authority
Other businesses may purchase cargo insurance or a transportation floater as needed.
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial businesses have a large investment in their mobile fleets and individual vehicles. In Saskatchewan the Saskatchewan Government Auto Fund provides very basic coverage on your commercial vehicles with your plates. The purpose of a commercial auto policy is to enhance the coverages provided under Auto Fund insurance. Necessary and available options on a commercial auto policy include:
- Increased liability coverage: $1,000,000 and up
- Excess value coverage over the $15,000 provided by the plate insurance
- Primary coverage for vehicles not covered by the Auto Fund such as Unlicensed and In-Storage
- Leased Operators coverage including Deductible Buy-Down coverage and Cargo Deductible Buy- Down
- Miscellaneous coverage’s such as Loss of Use; Replacement Cost; Non-Owned Auto; Trip Transit; Family Security; Waiver of Deductible in the event of animal collision; Road Hazard Glass
Rates vary according to a variety of factors such as vehicle use; kilometers travelled; deductibles requested; driving records etc.